Our hotel is located in a magnificent panoramic position.
It is only 3,5 Km away from Sorrento town centre which is easy to reach thanks to our free shuttle bus service.
The shuttle bus stop is in Piazza Antiche Mura by the "Lucky Store" and the "Ibsen Park" (not far from the Sorrento conference centre).
Due to works in Piazza Antiche Mura, starting from April 6th, our shuttle bus stop will be on Via degli Aranci, by Hotel Cesare Augusto (few minutes walking distance from Piazza Tasso, the train station and the conference centre)
Time table from Sorrento is the following:
09:30 - 10:30 - 11:30- 12:30 - 15:30 - 16:30 - 17:30 - 18.30 - 19:30 - 20:30 - 21:30 - 23:30
The time table for our courtesy shuttle bus service, from the Aminta to the centre of Sorrento (Via degli Aranci), is the following:
09:00 - 10:00 - 11:00 - 12:00 - 15:00 - 16:0017:00 - 18:00 - 19:00 - 20:00 - 21:00 - 23:00
To reach Sorrento you can consider the following options:
- Reaching Sorrento by car: once in Naples take the A3 motorway, exit to Castellamare and follow signs to Penisola sorrentina. Distance between Napoli-Sorrento: 50 Km.
- Reaching Sorrento by train: if you arrive with Trainitalia you need to get off in Napoli Centrale or Napoli Piazza Garibaldi. In both stations you will find Circumvesuviana trains. Take a train to Sorrento which is where the train terminates. The journey is approx. 75 minutes (please pay close attention to your luggage and your personal belongings on this train). For further information you can visit the web-site www.vesuviana.it.
- Reaching Sorrento by plane: the closest airport to Sorrento is Naples (known as Napoli Capodichino airport). From the arrival terminal you can get buses directly to the sorrentine peninsula or buses to the Naples train station where you will find the Circumvesuviana train station or buses to molo Beverello, Naples harbour, where all the hydrofoils and ferries leave for Sorrento port. Alternatively you can get private taxi (send us an email to get rates) or hire a car.
The approximate distance between Naples and Sorrento is 50 Km.
For further information visit the web site www.gesac.it.
- Reaching Sorrento by boat: Sorrento is linked to Naples by ferries, fast ferries, and hydrofoils that guarantee connections between Naples and Sorrento. They start from Molo Beverello in Naples harbour and arrive in Sorrento. The hydrofoils and the fast ferries take approx. 30 mins. Sorrento port is 500 mt. away from the main square and easy to reach with public transport.
Our staff is at your complete disposal for any information you may need: Phone: +39 0818781821
FROM NAPLES AIRPORT / TRAIN STATION TO SORRENTO
By private taxi (send us an email to get rates).
By bus: Curreri bus service from the airport to Sorrento; departures from: 09:00 - 11:30 - 13:00 - 14:30 - 16:30 - 19:00
By train: "Circumvesuviana" train from "Piazza Garibaldi" station: departures to Sorrento every 30 min. (pay close attention to your luggage and your belongings on this train)
By hydrofoil from "Beverello" port : departures (weather permitting) 09:00 - 11:00 - 13:05 - 15:15 - 17:15 - 18:35 - 19:30*
By car: just follow the signs to motorway A3 Salerno / Reggio C., and take the exit Castellammare di Stabia. Then follow the signs to Sorrento or Penisola Sorrentina (1 hour drive approx.). For more details click on the links below
Click here to get directions to the GRAND HOTEL AMINTA
Click here to get directions from the GRAND HOTEL AMINTA
FROM SORRENTO CENTRE
By public bus: the"Sita" public bus from train station in Sorrento. Line "S. Agata Via Nastro Verde" (remember to ask driver to stop at the Hotel Aminta).
By our courtesy shuttle: bus stop is on Via degli Aranci (few minutes walking distance from the train station) time table from Sorrento is the following:
09:30 - 10:30 - 11:30- 12:30 - 15:30 - 16:30
17:30 - 18.30 - 19:30 - 20:30 - 21:30 - 23:30
The time table for our courtesy shuttle bus service, from the Aminta to the centre of Sorrento, is the following:
09:00 - 10:00 - 11:00 - 12:00 - 15:00 - 16:00
17:00 - 18:00 - 19:00 - 20:00 - 21:00 - 23:00
By car: Drive to end of town centre (by the hospital), then proceed on Via Capo for 1 km. You will reach a fork in the road, take the lef road going up to Sant'Agata (Via Nastro Verde) proceed for 2 km until you see the Hotel Aminta on the right hand side of the road.
Circumvesuviana train station 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy
1. Head west on Corso Italia/SS145 toward Via Marziale Continue to follow SS145 650 m
2. Turn left at Via Antonino Sersale 140 m
Piazza Antiche Mura 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy